I couldn't help myself and added ONE more stop, Great Sand Dunes Natl Park! We were only 30 minutes away, and I felt the gravitational pull towards it. 😀 I'm so glad we visited!! The largest sand dunes in North America. We didn't stay long as the wind gusts were unbearable. The blowing sand was stinging our legs. The sand dunes are very tall and very wide. The little black specs you see behind us are people closer to the tall dunes.
Henry noticed the dunes in the distance as we were driving up. The large patch of white against the greens and browns in the mountains is very surprising. Henry said the dunes looked like "a glitch in the Matrix." I agreed!
We also drove past the Capulin Volcano Natl Monument in New Mexico. It has a road going up the volcano so you can park and look inside from the top. It has been on my radar for years, but we were driving by after they closed. Interesting history of the site.
We're baaaaccckkk in Texas now!! We will be home tomorrow afternoon. So excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment