The boys and I are making the most of the final days of summer continuing to seek out air-conditioned spaces. Thank goodness we live in "the big city" (D's term) and we have multiple options.
Our art museum has transformed a gallery space into a childrens' play space. The entire space is covered in shaped cardboard resembling a "living room" space with furniture and even a faux fireplace made of cardboard. It is also dark and very cool in temperature! Here are the boys making self-portraits at one of the craft tables. The standing objects on the table are mirrors to assist little artists in creating a self-portrait. D's paper was a collection of colorful swirls. I asked him about his self-portrait creation, and he stated, "this is my tie-dye shirt". H thought coloring in the museum was a hilarious activity. Cool.
Our Science Museum has a fabulous childrens' museum with galleries covering the entire lower level of the building. The various activities are perfect for engaging little brains. Of course, big brother D was "very bored" with this venture at the "kiddie museum". I tried to remind him that I have lots of fond memories watching him in this exact space when he was H's age. Seriously, I do have marvelous memories of D at this water table. Here is H's first science museum water table visit. I realize the pictures are blurry, but he would not stop moving to pose. H loved it! Cool.
Of course, H just had to start splashing like crazy! I was getting the evil eye from other mothers in the room. However, let me just state that if you don't want to get wet get away from the water table. My boy is going to make a mess in the learning process! Cool.
After yet another outing to the local mall to ride elevators and eat french fries here is H in the backseat of the car. He kept repeating the words "man" and "head" over and over and over again. I finally turned around to look at him. He was making a joke like, "Look Mom. I have a man on my head!" He roared with laughter. Very funny. That man is the Incredible Hulk happy meal toy. Cool.
Some treasured moments with D at the pool. Since H is in preschool we have been able to swim together and have some great mommy-son time before his school begins. Cool.
Happy End of Summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment