Here is the wilderness explorer:
Getting up close and personal with the giraffes:
During a feeding demonstration H was actually given a biscuit to feed to one of the giraffes! I didn't get a picture because I needed all my arms to hold H, but I can tell you it was quite thrilling. This giraffe actually took the biscuit from H's hand! Of course, H had helped himself to a bite out of the biscuit before offering it to the giraffe. Gross. I didn't bother to ask what was actually in the giraffe biscuit ...
H's favorite zoo activity was sitting on these bronze elephant sculptures:
Finally, some real elephants. H was more interested in the waterfall behind the elephant. He kept shouting, "water fountain, water fountain!"
If you have visited us lately you know that H likes to narrate everything now. Here he is telling me all about this lion perched on the rock. Notice there are no other visitors around us ... I think H drove them all away with his constant narration about the animals. (!)
He loved the penguins. We returned several times to see them.
Here he is checking out the little girls looking at the penguins ...
I had to include our morning activity before heading to the zoo yesterday. As I've mentioned previously H just loves to wear his cookie monster costume around the house. Here he is working on a "water fountain" tower with blocks. I love the concentration evident in his facial expressions.
Here is a view of "Cookie" shooting a basket. Yes, that costume is a bit tight in the rear!
Of course, here is H after I've informed him that he can not wear his cookie monster costume to the zoo. So pathetic!
1 comment:
That is one very impressive block tower! Love it! And didn't know Cookie was such the accomplished architect.
Post a Comment