We took the boys to the Galveston Schlitterbahn! This is the ultimate waterpark with loads of waterslides, a lazy river, and even a river full of rapids. We arrived at opening and went full-speed for five hours! We were very lucky. A huge, black rain cloud and yucky weather forecast kept the crowds away for a few hours. We had few lines to wait for rides!
This is the Massive Wave Coaster! The tallest wave coaster in the country. We rode it several times having loads of fun!
I told the boys that I had attended the first Schlitterbahn in New Braunsfels on opening day back in 1979. I was 9 years old around the same age as H! The waterpark experience was very different. The New Braunsfels waterpark was originally fed by the Guadalupe River, and it was common to see a water snake riding the chutes adjacent to your rubber tube! Safety precautions were next-to-nothing! Such a different experience. The boys thought my stories were "made up" of course.
So glad we visited the Schlitterbahn "fast and furious" before our drive home. The boys and I have been sleeping on and off all day to recover.
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment