Thursday, May 13, 2010

Road Trip!

Many years ago, P and I used to take multi-day road trips from Washington, DC to Texas and states and cities in-between. We would have loads of fun even though we might spend 20+hours together in one day in the car. At that time we decided that our ability to "road trip" together was a sure sign that we were a great couple. (Isn't the reasoning of youth just fabulous?!)

So, this past Wednesday we loaded the two boys in the car and took an 8-hour road trip together -- yes, 8-hours round trip in just one day! Our dearest friends who live in Los Angeles were in driving distance closer to our home, and we just couldn't resist the opportunity to catch up, meet new children, and ride a carousel together! Ha ha. Yes, this is a sure sign of marital compatibility. My hubby took the day off of work and joined us on this adventure!

Fabulous friends are precious. And, how did these two girls manage to get such fabulous children? (Oh yes. We ARE fabulous.)


H on his first carousel ride. He LOVED it! We were so glad to have Daddy with us for the day!


Our buddies!




The children got along so well together. Here they are in some car rides:

Little H proved he did not need his big brother's help driving the race car....

Or, the apple roadster:






A cute little clip:

1 comment:

boogichild said...

I'm sorry it's taken so long to comment. I checked this out when you posted and just loved it! More than that, I loved seeing you in person and finally meeting that new little boy in your life. He is even more adorable in person.
Jason and I think we would make great co-vacationing families. When can we do it????

P.S. Thanks again for driving so far to see us. It was the best 40th bday present ever.