Saturday, July 31, 2010

Summer Daze ...

The boys and I have been beating the summer heat with morning visits to the swimming pool and afternoon visits to air-conditioned spaces. Today's temperature is expected to reach 105 degrees so I think we will be staying inside.

I don't have any new pictures of us at the pool. While I think I've developed a great method of handling both boys in the pool simultaneously I am not able to hold a camera at the same time. :) I will report that we have had some fabulously fun mornings at the pool together. Here is H in the car on the way home from a really fun pool visit:



Northpark is hosting a small childrens' exhibition of Dallas landmarks created with Legos. Here is D in front of the Hyatt and a replica of Daddy's office building.


H loved the childrens' play area. We stayed for a while until he started launching Legos into the air ...


I really loved these plant "sculptures" in the mall. Aren't they awesome?!


Beating the heat with some indoor computer time. I love how the boys will sit together and play with their computers.


Two cute pictures of D ...


The boys have grandparents traveling from El Paso to Nova Scotia in their RV. The boys are mapping their route as they move north. We've had fun talking about the different landscapes and their travelogue. We will have to find a map of Canada soon!



H has been intrigued by the older children at the pool wearing colorful "silly bandz" on their wrists. He discovered colorful rubber bands in our art supply box and put all of them on his wrist. He was so proud of himself and wore them for a while.



No comments: