Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Day in the Life of H ... day one

One morning this week I had grand plans to take H to our children's/science museum. H loves the interactive displays in the children's section, and I was excited to see the science museum's new exhibition on dinosaurs. I had our bag packed and ready to go as of 9:00 am!

First, we had to visit our backyard. H wanted to get in a swing before going to the "mooseem". Here he is in his current favorite mode of swinging. It took a while to get him out of the swing and into the car.



Yes! We were finally in the car and on our way....

Then, H started yelling about "park!" "park!" "Swing, swing, park, park!"

Okay, another detour. I told him we would swing for 10 minutes then we would head downtown to the museum. Here he is catching that swing in the park.



Oh, but then he needed to get in some climbing and sliding ...



Then, a visit to the fire engine playscape ...



Next, he was determined to catch a squirrel. H was in hot pursuit across the greenbelt over to this tree. H stood guard for a while and then gave up.



Finally, two hours after our detour, we left the park. H said "Go home." I agreed. The museum would have to wait for another day.

Unfortunately, "go home" does not equate with "rest." First, coloring.




It is important to finish off coloring with a lollipop:



In our silliness we started to take pictures of ourselves. I was actually picking crayons up from the floor when H inspired me to pick up the camera. I think I did pretty good for holding the camera and aiming at myself!


Finally, the pleas for a "cookie"!


"Pleeeeaaazzzz." And, then the "Really. I want a cookie."



By 1:00 pm falling asleep in front of Elmo.


So, that was our day, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.

Here are H and P that evening. So cute in their matchy flannels!

No comments: