Monday, July 18, 2011

Our Wyoming Retreat - Ranch Activities

There were so many activities at the ranch. It is hard to believe we were there only two full days. My two favorite activites:

1) Relaxing in the hammock. We took a quick Friday afternoon snooze ...



2) Relaxing with the ranch all to myself on Saturday morning! The rest of the crew went out to either fish or ride horses. I opted to sleep late and relax alone. It was wonderful. I had planned to relax in the hammock next to the treeline. However, considering my fear of grizzly bears, I opted to stay on the porch. Much more relaxing knowing there was a door with a lock nearby. The picture on the right is the view from my chair.



I captured some hummingbirds on the porch feeders. I think these are really good shots for an IPhone camera and zoom lens! No, I did not even get up out of chair to take these either. That would have been way too much effort for my morning.



P and I both enjoyed skeet shooting. Notice the view behind us -- awesome!





I hit about 10% of my targets. Not bad considering it was my second time in 20+ years. P is a natural. I think he hit 80% of his targets.



He is also very lucky to have a personal videographer capture one of his many double-target successes:



We both enjoyed trail rides on different days. Again, P looks very natural in this setting. We think his horse, Tonto, was full of smiles.



On the other hand, I felt about as comfortable as I look on my horse, Hot Shot. Hot Shot did have a few personality issues including a penchant to stop and eat while in a downhill position.



My trail ride was 2+ hours. My novice partners and I were all quite surprised by the length and roughness of our ride. Our ride took us into the Shosone National Forest. It was a good experience, but also an experience followed by a lot of wine on the porch back at the ranch.







The ranch is around 7,500 feet in altitude. I have marked on the picture below the view down to the ranch house at near the top height of our trail ride. Look for the black arrow and circle marked on the photograph for the ranch house. It looks tiny, doesn't it?



More relaxing activities included horseshoes ...



and "cook yer' own steak dinner" on Saturday night. We were definitely well-fed on this trip!



Again, can you believe we were at the ranch only two full days?!

1 comment:

boogichild said...

Amazing! I'm so glad you guys got to do this!!!