Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Olympic National Park

We spent a magical day in Olympic National Park.  One of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.  I hope we return one day.

On to another hike ...


I sure hope the boys remember these trees!
























Look at the moss on these trees.  The proximity to the ocean also creates a rain forest environment.

"Mom, stop taking pictures of ferns!"

I was obsessed by all the wild ferns all over the forests.  So beautiful.  The boys just couldn't understand.







GJ and Annie shared Lake Crescent with us.  It is a glacier-fed lake.  Perfectly clear and beautiful.
















Enjoying football at the lake.  We were having such a fun time.















The boys took turns on a row boat with Dad.  I loved watching them despite being shocked how far they traveled into the lake.



D was very, very proud of himself.  Magic on the lake!


That little black dot is D with his Dad rowing over some very, very cold water!



H was amazed with the boating experience.  He was so quiet and still during his excursion.  More magic on the lake!















This was a memorable day.

No comments: