Look at that awesome VW parked out front!
We had a nice early dinner in the restaurant. :)
Medora putt putt was H's favorite!! Putting with the bison and bears!
The old post office and church:
I've also noticed that since we entered South Dakota on this trip all of the young people who have helped us in restaurants have had foreign accents. All of the young staff in the Rough Riders Hotel were wearing name tags with their names and origin country listed. I finally asked a cute young couple from Bulgaria tending the RR Hotel Bar about it.
They told me that most everyone foreign is here in the Dakotas for the busy season on either work or student visas. They laughed and said, "I guess no young Americans want these jobs." So, at the RR Hotel restaurant alone we met four young staff from Bulgaria, Malaysia, and Africa. All professional with perfect English. Hmmm ... What are the young Americans doing?! :(
No comments:
Post a Comment