Thursday, July 27, 2017

Nashville Stop

Surprise in Nashville -- a full-scale replica of the ancient Greek temple, the Parthenon!

As an art history major I was intrigued.  I attempted to get the boys interested by linking the Greek mythology to the latest Wonder Woman movie. At the least, the Parthenon was a great stop after 3 hours of driving!








Look at that awesome replica of the Athena Parthenos statue!  A big deal for this art history buff!



Look boys!  Athena holds the winged figure of Nike, the goddess of victory.  You know all that Nike sports clothing ... it is named after her!

Duh.



Look! Athena has a shield just like Wonder Woman!  Oooh. Aaah.


So, I tried to get them engaged.




OMG!   The Parthenon elevator!

Just like the one built in 323 B.C.

Duh.















The MOST exciting thing seen on the road today??   Replicas of the Cars characters Lightning McQueen and Mater being towed. Very exciting stuff.    Created a lot more excitement than the Parthenon!
 


















H clowning around in the hotel lobby!  Notice how he is NOT carrying any bags.



No comments: